Saturday, April 30, 2016

Week 15: Final Reflections

This has been a really fun class, with the storytelling assignments and especially with the readings. My favorite parts have been the readings; I'm so glad I picked the lively Narayan adaptations of the epics, and I've enjoyed the three free-choice readings. Sometimes I was pushing myself to do three sets of reading a week for the class, but it was worth it to read more books!

The effort I put into writing dropped off as the semester intensified, but I got in a few pretty good stories before that. "Updates from Exile," of course, I think is one of my best stories for the semester. I also enjoyed playing around with other folklore and literary motifs in my first story for the class and with anthropological theory in "A New God in Brindaban." Finally, I was surprised with my first Storybook entry, "Rama Navami," at how I felt Sita's voice took on a mind of its own as I was writing. This first story is definitely the strongest of those included in the Storybook.

1 comment:

  1. Susanna, I agree that the Narayan adaptations were very enjoyable. I have enjoyed this class so much as well, but I know what you mean when you say that sometimes you had to push yourself. It was quite time consuming and challenging to get it all done at times, but we are almost to the finish line! Best of luck with finals!

    ReplyDelete