Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Week 8: Reading Plan

Weeks 9-11: I've been wanting to read Breaking the Bow: Speculative Fiction Inspired by the Ramayana for several years, as I enjoy both sci-fi and retellings (and finding them in combination is unusual but always awesome!). I've been looking forward to reading this since the semester started. :) Because I've typically been doing the extra credit readings as well, my plan is to do Parts A-C during Week 9, D-F for Week 10, and finish on Week 11.

Weeks 12-14: Again, since I like retellings, I want to read the novel Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. I think I've read a book by her before and I enjoyed it, and I'm interested in a retelling of The Mahabharata from Draupadi's point of view. As with Breaking the Bow, I'd likely complete the reading in three weeks, doing the extra credit assignments in addition to the regular ones.

cover of The Missing Queen (GoodReads)

additional: Continuing with the retellings theme, I'd love to get to the mystery novel The Missing Queen by Samhita Arni if I get a chance. Assuming I do all the extra credit reading diary posts, I think I'll be able to get partly through this one as well before the semester ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment