Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Week 8: Blog Ideas

I'm pretty happy with my introduction from the beginning of this class, and no one's really asked questions in the comments, so I'm letting that be for now. I'm glad people are using the "correct" pronunciation of Appalachian...I wish some of my professors this semester would learn the Southern way, too, so that I'd stop cringing every time they say it in class!

I really like how clean Christina's blog looks. I noticed it earlier in the semester and appreciated the wider space given for text and how clean, neat, and professional her blog template is. I was surprised to realize just now that it's also hosted by Blogger -- I had assumed it was a different host! I should play around with the templates for my own blog, to see which good options I might have missed/been too impatient to find when I first created this.

I also liked how Thomas had his labels as tabs at the top of his blog. I'm surprised at how much easier it is to read and navigate these than when they're in a list on the sidebar, but the separation and larger text really helps to skim and find what I'm looking for.

Finally, I love Nikita's header for her blog. The design is simple enough to not be ostentatious or too much, but it also adds a special spark to the overall look of the blog. As a bookworm, I also appreciate the books on either end of the title, and they seem very appropriate for this class. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment